I've been dormant for awhile..a long while. I've been busy with the mundane and not so mundane things of life. I have managed to keep up with the important things; a blog for Ellie to document her first year, of course the things I must do to maintain a house and job. Otherwise, I've appeared dormant. I have been doing an amazing amount of introspection. It has just in the last few days dawned on me that I am: a 50 year old divorced woman, the daughter of two elderly parents, and the mom of five amazing kids who are in various stages of "leaving (& or ? returning) to the nest. In a matter of a mere few days, my baby girl will graduate from college and soon after, my baby boy will graduate from High School. I've decided to some degree, that now it's "my time" now what that will look like, I'm not entirely sure. Not sure where it will be, how it will feel or how it will play out, but for sure, I know that it's my time. It doesn't sound like much to see those words, but it actually makes my heart beat a little faster when I type them. For me to decide even this much is huge, really big and so for today, without hesitation, I can say, it's time to think about ME


No comments:
Post a Comment